Thursday 5 April 2012

Yoga, Yoga, Yoga

Rishikesh, the Yoga Capital of India,  located in the North, at the base of the incredible Himalayan Mountains. 
Whoa
This place changed my Life.
If you've never experienced something 'Sacred' - this place might just throw a dash of 'Enlightenment' at you. Sitting on the famous Ganga (gangees) River, people have been pilgrimaging here for thousands of years > to cleanse their soul, their Karma and connect deeper with their higher selves.


Even if you're not spiritual, you feel something here.
I dressed in long sleeves, covering my shoulders and ankles the entire time I lived here. 
No Alcohol can be found here, nor meat, and even eggs are a black market commodity.
(in a restaurant, you might just ask for some sunny side up, in a hushed tone and sometimes they'll say, 'oh yes, yes' and other times, they'll look and you grimly and shake their head).
Not that I'm a strict veggie, nor am I against alcohol > but the feeling of sober, clear headed city is incredible.
Walking around at night and feeling safe. 
The energy is pure, clear and focused. 


It seems everyone here is on some sort of spiritual pursuit. There are hundreds of ashrams in the area, temples, gurus, babas, sadhus and ceremonies going on everywhere.
Even every white person you see here, is gleaming in a brilliant state of awareness and love.


'A collective feeling of Peace' 

And thus it is here that I decided to dive deep into my Yoga Practice.
...a by golly, WOW!

This is My yoga teacher, Yogi Chitan Mahesh
A brilliant Teacher, inspiring Yogi and wonderful Friend.
I am grateful to have stumbled upon this place.


The school's website:


I took my Yoga teacher training here. Classes started at
 7:30am, with Shatkarmas (cleansing techniques- ex- neti pot, pranayama)
8:30 Tea (get jacked up on Chai)
9:00 Ashtanga Vinyasa (Sweat, Sweat, Sweat)
10:30 Breakfast (Smoothie on the River)
11:30 Class (Yoga Philosophy, history, objectives, sages, mudras, postures, bandhas)
1:00 Lunch & sometimes Practicum (student lead classes)
3:50 Class (meditation techniques, and study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
5:00 Hatha Flow
7:00 Meditation/chanting
8:00 FREEDOM!

I really loved this course, and made some great friends along the way.
22 people int he course, and 20 different countries. yeaaaaaaa




This was our graduation ceremony. A traditional Hindu practice, with chanting, offerings and meditating. 




I Graduated!! I Did it MOM!!!



This man is beyond inspiring. I feel blessed to have crossed his path. A spiritual Dentist of sorts, from the UK - teaching meditation, yoga, life coaching and hosting various types of retreats.
Kevin you are an incredible soul, and I look forward to seeing you in the future. 


Playing Acro with my brother Keith and Shine in the courtyard of the Ashram.



Brother and Sister 
2 Peas in a Pod



When this School > How could I 'not' go?!? 


I want to do this someday...


and this...



I am Enthralled, in Love and Whole Heartedly dedicated to the Yogi lifestyle. Nothing is my life has ever felt more 'right'.  Meditation, cleansing, Pranayam, Asanas (postures) > all bringing me to a deeper awareness that I am already Enlightened, and tuning into my supernatural abilities.

This is what I am dedicating my life to at this time. 
...and I freekin' LOVE IT  :)

4 comments:

  1. Aya, my dear friend... seldom have I ever come across anyone who really is so enlightened! Meeting you was - honestly - the highlight of my trip to India (the Taj Mahal was a very close second though!). Spiritually, I am always with you but I look forward sharing a herbal tea (or maybe a beer!) with you in the future.

    I wish you much Peace, Love and Light,

    Kevin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherishing our connection from so many years ago. Sending you blessings and joy. One day I would love to share a herbal tea or a beer!
      Bless!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I just happened to stumble upon your blog and I have to say that I am very impressed! What you are doing looks like so much fun! My daughter, who is 14, and I just started to do some basic yoga and we both enjoy it so very much! We laughed in the beginning so much over how silly we both looked in the many positions, but it was the most fun! I felt that we have connected even more as mother and daughter over something so simple as yoga! I would love to take her to some of the places you have been! I am also really interested in this Arco that you and your brother are doing! I would love to find this and teach it to my eight year old son and daughter! We live in Indiana {USA}, so you don't see very much of this around. Either way, it looks like a very neat practice. I never knew what people really saw in yoga until I tried it and now we are hooked! The joy we experience during each session is so very worth it! Wonderful blog, I will be following you and your travels for sure! Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete