Tuesday 13 June 2017

Spanish Love Letters... (written to a dear blonde back home and I enjoyed writing it so much, I published it here)

Dearest Skye of Pacific Northwest,

My breath is currently of brisk Finnish air. Vikings and saunas a plenty. Blonde are the masses so you might feel at home here.
I flew just yesterday from the Catalonian capital of Barcelona.

A wondrous city indeed. With majestic architecture; Castles and giant cathedrals abound, and in between beautiful ancient stone homes from the Roman era. Not to mention the tapas - with the finest of cheeses, jámons (Spanish cured meats), incredible olives, delicatessen baguettes and sangria for lunch! It

would also seem like mojitos are the national quench on a hot summer day.

I adore the Spanish way of life!

Relaxed and Sexy.

Beauty is everywhere,


from street art, to food presentation, to stunning landscapes.
The language is smooth and the wine is flowing.
Everything about Spain I love.

I wish to live here someday.

I'd like to explore the north-small towns built unto boulders of mountain sides. A meeting of climates between desert and tropical. A nice combination- hot and green. Walls of homes hundreds of years in age, angled, slightly crooked, grape vines decorating each arch ways and a nation wide siesta time between the hours of 1-4 pm.
The country rests in the heat.
Shops close, shudders are drawn, babies are fed and hammocks are full. The country collectively sighs with a gentle grin...
the pace is intelligent.
They seem to have ignored signs to join the common wealth's common pace that is the rat race. With a 40% unemployment rate- it would seem like the country is content just 'chillin'.
And goodness, do I love it.
I wish you were here.
Even if you do not love olives yet- you will after tasting Spain's specialty.






Alas
I must be off,
Wishing you smiles in this day. Hugging you from the futuristic land of html, besos,

With love,
Aya


No comments:

Post a Comment